Annexation for Domestic Service
Annexation for Domestic Service
Annexing Lands into the District
To annex lands into the Lewiston Orchards Irrigation District the proposed lands must be touching or adjacent to the current Lewiston Orchards Irrigation District boundaries.
1. Landowner Must Submit an Annexation Request- The request to annex lands into the Lewiston Orchards Irrigation District must be submitted to the office. The request must include a legal property description, map, acreage, and landowner contact information. Idaho Code 43-1001.
2. Impact Evaluation- Staff will review and evaluate the proposed lands to be annexed into the District. Staff will determine the method by which water will be delivered to the land(s). Staff will report findings at the next monthly board meeting.
3. Publication- The notice of proposed annexation will be published in the local newspaper once a week for three consecutive weeks. The publication must include a description of the lands, shall notify all interested parties that may be affected by the change in District boundaries, patrons may show cause in writing, if they have support of or against the proposed lands be annexed into the District. The petitioners are responsible for the publication fees and must pay the estimated costs. Idaho Code 43-1003.
4. Public Hearing- The public hearing shall take place at the monthly board meeting following the completion of the publication. Any patrons present will be allowed to voice support of or against the annexation. Support for or against may also be submitted by patrons in writing. After the public hearing is closed the board will deem or reject the annexation of lands into the District. Idaho Code 43-1004.
5. Approval of the Order of Annexation- If the board deems the annexation the lands or a portion of the lands into the District; they will do so by making an order and approving by resolution.
6. The Petitioner Shall Pay for Annexation and Connection fees- The Petitioner is responsible for the cost of the annexation of lands and for the connection fee to the Lewiston Orchards Irrigation’s water service. Any development needed to bring water to the lands will be at the petitioner’s expense. The estimated costs will be determined by Lewiston Orchards Irrigation District.
7. Rejects the Order of Annexation- If the board rejects the order of annexation, no other action is taken.
90 day Waiting Period- The approval or rejection of the annexation does not become effective until the ninety (90) day period for landowners to appeal the decision of the board. The appeal petition must be signed by either 10 landowners or by two percent (2%) of the landowners, whichever is greater. The signatures of the petition will be verified. An election will be held to approve or disapprove the said annexation. Election notice will be published. Idaho Code 43-1008.
8. Order of Annexation- After the ninety (90) day period has been completed and no appeal is filed or after the said election is complete the order of annexation shall be signed by the president and secretary of the board and certified in the County Recorder’s office. The certified copy shall be placed in the minutes and a copy maintained in a District office file.
Current Estimated Cost of Annexation:
Publication Fee: $200.00
Per Acre: $1250.00
Connection Fee: $2000.00
Water Service: Price is determined by size of service