Bulk Water Sales
From time to time various customers, primarily contractors, have asked to purchase bulk water for project work from the Lewiston Orchards Irrigation District.
* Customers requiring bulk water sales must complete an application for bulk water sales prior to taking water.
* LOID will determine which hydrant shall be used for each project.
* All bulk water sales shall be delivered through a meter and double check valve installed by LOID personnel and secured to the hydrant with a locking collar.
* LOID personnel will instruct the customer on proper operation of fire hydrant and meter assembly. Failure to follow proper operational procedures or tampering with meter assembly shall be cause to terminate water delivery without notice.
* Improper operation resulting in "dirty water" calls shall be punishable by a charge of $250.00 per occurrence. Repeated occurrence may be cause to terminate delivery without notice.
* Customer shall be responsible for provide his own hydrant wrench. Operation of hydrant by mean of a pipe wrench is prohibited.
* Customer shall be responsible for closing hydrant after his last load everyday.
* LOID personnel shall read meter prior to customer's first load and at the end of the project. Customer will be billed a the end of the project.
Application for Bulk Water Sales
An application can be faxed or completed in the office. If you have any questions regarding bulk water sales please contact the office at 208-746-8235.